Monday, October 10, 2011

What does life give you?

My life has been giving me all sorts of things lately which has kept me pretty busy. (And the lack of a working computer has not helped with my renewed blogging efforts.)

Life gave me apples:















I had never before canned anything and it was an adventure. I definitely learned a lot and in the coming weeks I was very glad that I had been given this "learning opportunity".

Little did I know that life was about to give me a lot of peaches! A 5 gallon bucket overflowing with peaches. My kitchen looked like this for an entire week while I made freezer jam and cooked jam and jello jam. I bottled peaches and froze peaches. It was crazy!


I am happy to report that my counter is now free of peaches and my husband and I have enjoyed some wonderful peach jam.









No comments:

Post a Comment