Sunday, August 23, 2009

To market to market

I am trying to hold on to what I have left of summer, and I know of no other way than with fresh fruit, perfectly ripe and sweet.

I was at Albertson's the other day and I found a little basket of pluots. They are a variety of plums and they are super-sweet with bright red flesh.




I never know what to do at this point. They aren't like apples and you can eat all the way around the pit (which was surprisingly small), but for some reason it just feels wrong. Don't worry I ended up eating every little bit!

I was also FINALLY able to go to the Idaho Falls farmers market. It was small, but fun and I left wishing that I had a house full of people to feed that would justify buying multiple loaves of bread and way too many pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables. I managed to restrain myself and left with only peaches and raspberries.


I'm hoping I can squeeze a few more weeks out of this summer before I have to go into hibernation mode, wish me luck!

1 comment: