Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"I've Never Done This Before"

I thought of a name for my summer a while back and just returned from my first big adventure. I left Friday June 11th after work and spent the weekend in Lehi/Provo before traveling to the Havasupi Reservation in AZ. Turns out that it is probably not the best idea to not sleep for 3 nights then drive 12 hours then hike 50+ miles in 3 days and then drive for 16 hours straight. My body is still a little mad at me, but it was wonderfully worth it. Pictures are still coming (if you must you can find some on facebook, there is a rather unfortunate one of me in the car), but here is a little of what I learned while doing something I've definitely NEVER done before:
  • Rock Climbing is easier when it's the only way up
  • Repelling is faster when it's the only way down
  • Both of the above are less scary when you have a harness :)
  • I have absolutely ZERO desire to jump off of cliffs
  • You never know who you are going to meet (and how they will surprise you)- After hiking to the Colorado River we met 3 fellow hikers who gave us some really good laugh
I had tons of fun and laughed a lot, but I am also happy to be back in my bed. Now off to plan my next adventure- let me know if you have ideas of things I've never done before, I'm up for anything (well, not anything).

1 comment:

  1. Starting next summer, I am definitely naming them. The boys and I will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete