Monday, May 10, 2010

Confessions of a Registered Dietitian

1. I ate a package of Oreos at 10:45 this morning. I don't know if I didn't eat a big enough breakfast, or what, but I saw them in my desk drawer and exercised ZERO self-control.
2. I had exactly 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of vegetables today (2 fruit if you count strawberry yogurt - I don't).
3. I was talking to a patient at work today and he referenced my husband, just FYI for those of you who don't know me (in which case I'm not sure why you're reading this, but feel free to continue) I don't have a husband. The commend caught me off guard, but because I didn't wish to continue talking to this patient I just walked away.
4. I have dinner group tomorrow and instead of planning a complete meal as I was carefully taught to do in school, I am just making things I feel like eating, so I hope that everyone else feels like eating Spinach and Chicken Calzones and Golden Raisin Scones.
5. I want to hire a dishwasher.
My new pans are beautiful, but not necessarily low-maintenance. Anyone want the job?

1 comment: